Welcome to the 2015-2016 year of Oshkosh North Choirs! This email newsletter will serve as your source of info about the school year in choir. Please let me know if you want me to change email addresses or add an email address for your family.
**If your student is in multiple choirs or your family has two students in choir you may receive this email more than once. This should be corrected by the next "inCHOIRer." Sorry for the inconvenience**
We've had a great first week so far! We have over 135 students in choir this year which is almost double what it was 5 years ago. With so much talent and energy this year is going to be a blast. Thank you for supporting your students in the arts!
A few highlights for you:
Back to School Assignments: All students need to fill out an online survey by Friday (9-4) night. All back-to-school info for choir can be located here.
Music Parents Meeting: Join us on Wednesday, September 9th from 6:30-7:30 in the North Choir Room (room 126). This is an optional parent meeting run by our booster organization, the ONHS Music Parents Association (MPA). Come learn about our travel opportunities, fundraising calendars, and volunteer opportunities for the year! We are looking for new leadership in this group so if you are the parent or guardian of a young student in choir please consider helping out.
New Website: www.OshkoshNorthChoirs.com is our recently renovated website and is a great source of information for all things ONHS Choirs! It's still being developed so please send me any ideas or corrections.
National Anthem: Friday night (9-4-15) before the football game at Titan Stadium students in Chorale or A Cappella Choir can sing the National Anthem. Meet at the south end of the stadium by 7:45pm.
Parent Information: please fill out these two documents
Calendar: Please see the attached calendar or add our google calendar (press the +Google Calendar sign in the bottom).
2 calendar corrections if your student brought home a paper copy:
- The football game on 10/9 starts at 5pm not 7pm
- State Solo & Ensemble is April 30 not April 23
Madrigal Singer Auditions
Our Madrigal Singers Auditions will be next week. Students sign up with a partner for a 10 minute audition. We had a lot of guys graduate last year so we are really in need of male voices to join the group. Please see me with any questions!
Madrigals Singers Information:
- Madrigal Singers is an auditioned, extra-curricular music activity offered by our music department.
- Students in this ensemble explore the vocal beauty of the Renaissance era.
- Rehearsals are Tuesday & Thursday mornings before school, some Wednesdays after school
- 4-5 days of community performances a week during December
- Returning Madrigal Singers audition every year
- High level of musicianship (making him/her able to learn approximately 25-30 difficult vocal and bell parts on their own)
- One of the most important skills is their ability to have excellent sight-reading skills to learn the music and bell parts quickly
- Being a responsible student able to aptly handle a busy rehearsal and performance schedule (with classes, work, family, etc.)
- Expressive and energetic performances
- That they are positive role models as ambassadors for Oshkosh North
Thanks and have a great labor day weekend!