Solo & Ensemble
Congratulations to all of our students who participated in the District WSMA Festival, Recital at Evergreen, and Clinic at ONHS! We have 45 events advancing to the State WSMA Festival (April 28 at UW-O), and this is a new record for ONHS since I've started here. Congrats to all of the students who worked so hard on this project.
ONHS Hall of Fame Ceremony
Chorale will be performing on Monday, March 12th in the morning as part of the ONHS Academic Awards/Hall of Fame ceremony. Students are expected to dress nicely (no jeans, sweatpants) for this event but we will NOT be wearing our choir uniforms.
All-City Choral Festival, Tuesday March 20 7:00pm
Chorale will be performing at this festival at Alberta Kimball Auditorium. Our dress rehearsal will be 6:00pm and students will wear the choir dresses/tuxes for this event. It is a free concert so please plan to attend!
MARK WOOD/LAURA KAYE ELECTRIFY YOUR STRINGS & CHOIRS CONCERT
During the week of March 12 - 16th the OASD 5th-12th grade orchestras, as well as the North and West Chorale choirs, will participate in an Artist-In-Residency with Trans-Siberian Orchestra co-founder Mark Wood, vocalist Laura Kaye, and choreographer Nathan Blake. The week will culminate with approximately 450 students performing with Mr. Wood and Ms. Kaye in an epic, rock arena show--complete with a professionally engineered light show, sound, and a tiered mega-stage--at the Menominee Nation Arena on Friday March 16th.
The show will include songs by Metallica, the Beatles, Tina Turner, Kansas, Coldplay, Ozzy Osbourne, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, and more. Due to the large scope of this residency and arena show, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most of our students.
The North orchestra and choir students will be in workshops with Mark Wood, Laura Kaye, and Nathan Blake during the following times on the following days:
Thursday, March 15th Workshops at AK Auditorium (morning and afternoon)
Friday, March 16th at Menominee Nation Arena for Dress Rehearsal (morning only, students return for hours 5-7)
Students have been and are being reminded every day to make multiple contacts with teachers to make plans for March 15th and 16th to complete any work or assessments they have to make up. Permission slips are due on Friday, March 9.
It is costing about $75 per student to provide this experience. We need to generate about $10,000 more to break even. Our goal is to go beyond that and earn money for our programs. Please buy tickets and encourage friends and family to attend this event!
We need a number of volunteers for the following tasks. If we have enough volunteers for that we will save hundreds of dollars in sound/light/stage cost. Email Yukiko Grine email@example.com if you can volunteer. Your student does NOT need to be in Chorale to volunteer.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: 16 - 20 able-bodied adults and young adults for help with load-in at the arena
- Friday after the show until it's done: 16 - 20 able-bodied adults and young adults for Load-out
- Tuesday and Thursday Workshops during the day:
- Parent help with picking up, serving, and clean up for lunches for students
- Parent help with supervision and chaperoning of students on buses and at AK auditorium during workshops
- Friday Dress Rehearsal at Arena: 8:30 - Noon
- Parent help with supervision and chaperoning of students on buses and at arena
- Parent help with picking up and serving lunch to high school students
- Friday Before, During, and After the Show:
- Ushering, handing out programs, helping direct audience to their seats
- Selling raffle tickets, preparing the drawing and totaling money
- Help with traffic flow for post-concert signing with Mark Wood
Menominee Nation Arena Mark Wood Event Link
Electrify Your Strings Website/Info
Mark Wood Website/Info