Becoming a better choir member
There are many great ways to become a better choir member! Enhance your abilities, skills, and life through some of these readily available options!
- Attend Other Concerts: The Fox Valley hosts an incredible amount of quality live music. It is much to your benefit to attend these concerts, gain ideas and perspectives, and support other musicians. Please use the website and bulletin boards in class to check out what events are going on.
- Listen to New Music: The world of iTunes and YouTube has made it extremely easy for us to listen to professional choral music as well as world music. Listening to well-trained classical singers in both the choral and solo worlds is one of the best and easiest ways to improve your own singing. Additionally, listening to world music or other music we are not familiar with can teach us a lot and open us to new experiences.
- Learn another instrument: Taking piano lessons or learning any other kind of instrument is a great way to become a better musician. Choral students specifically interested in pursuing a college degree in music should take piano lessons as soon as they can.
- Go to a music camp: Summer music camps are fun and educational experience that provides the opportunity to improve individual musicianship, meet new people with common interests, develop leadership skills, and encounter new perspectives. Any student interested in attending a camp should talk to Ms. Duffy-Ulrich.
- Study music in college: Any student who is planning to attend college should see Ms. Duffy-Ulrich about auditioning for music scholarships and collegiate performance opportunities, even if you do not plan in majoring in music.